Mo Brooks: If Trump Is Interested in ‘Protecting Americans’ He Will Veto GOP/Dem Spending Bill
Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) is urging President Trump to veto a spending bill put forward by establishment Republicans and Democrats, telling SiriusXM Patriot’s Breitbart News Tonight the deal is “really bad for America.”
Brooks detailed all aspects that he said make the spending package a major problem for American citizens while benefitting illegal aliens, human smugglers, child traffickers, the MS-13 Gang, and the Mexican Cartels.
The spending bill includes:
- $1.3 billion for 55 miles of steel bollard fencing
- An expansion of Catch and Release
- A potential doubling of the annual low-skilled foreign workers imported to the U.S.
- Less detention space for border crossers
- An amnesty pipeline for Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) and their relatives
- Stipulations requiring local officials to approve all wall construction
- Chokeholds on immigration enforcement at the border and in the interior
Trump, Brooks said, should veto the spending bill.
“If the president were to veto it, we would sustain his veto,” Brooks said. “I would certainly hope that the president will veto because it’s really bad for America. Whether he will or not, I can’t say.”
“I applaud President Trump when he does those things that helps secure our border, that helps protect the Rule of Law. This legislation does not help secure our border, it makes things worse, in my judgement.” Read the rest at breitbart.com.